Pages

Thursday 28 October 2010

First Cakes for Life Bake Sale

With the first bake sale so close to Halloween, it seemed rude not to get into the spirit.

It's 10.45pm and the cakes are packed up ready to take to work in the morning. I hope I can get them there in one piece so I can raise lots of donations!

This month's cupcakes were based on this basic chocolate cupcake recipe topped with the a cream cheese icing, from the Hummingbird recipe book.

The pumpkin (expertly carved by Hal), will serve as this month's honesty box.

Here's hoping the first bake sale will be a success and that my colleagues will write me some reviews in the comments section (or at least pick a rating anyway!).

9 comments:

  1. Yummy! These look really tasty. Do you have a delivery service ;) x Sian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet Sian, but maybe one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cream cheese icing is TO DIE FOR! So yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tanya - glad you like it - that'll be all the extra icing sugar I put in! Feel free to rate it in the 'reactions' section above ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cupcakes with a spooky touch!I love the carved pumpkin and I'll have to get the icing recipe from you, it's delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, I like the combination of the icing (which is nice and sweet) with the cupcake itself (which isn't too sweet). I think it works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look yummy, wish me and my gang could have sampled them!

    ReplyDelete